This utility allows the database administrator to bulk assign drivers to vehicles
You need to input one vehicle per line with the specific assignment fields separated by a pipeline |
Each line will have three fields: Device|Driver|Type of assignment
- Decide how you want to identify the vehicles
- Decide how you want to identify the drivers
- Review the expected Input and make sure the same pattern is followed
- Analyze: Will review the inputted data and confirm everything is correct
- Submit: Will apply the assignments
- Type of Assignment: There are two types of Driver assignment:
- Trip: Will only assign the Driver for the next Trip
- Default: Will assign the Driver to the vehicle and keep it assigned until a new Driver is assigned to this vehicle.
- Resetting Driver Assignment: In order to reset a vehicle to Unknown Driver simply put DEVICE|Unknown as the input. The Type of assignment will be ignored in this case.
- The driver you are trying to assign MUST be enabled as a driver within MyGeotab.