What is the EVSA?
The EVSA analyses your fleet’s telematics data over a period of 6 to 12 months, and creates an electrification recommendation based on each vehicle’s distinctive driving patterns. The recommendation takes into consideration available EVs in the local market, EV performance in extreme weather conditions, as well as the financials related to procuring the EVs.
Our best fit analysis identifies which of your vehicles are the best candidates for replacement by EVs. Analysis includes vehicle type, range capability and projected savings
- Quickly identify best candidates for EV replacement based on actual driving data
- Learn which EVs make the most financial sense with a lifetime cost saving analysis
- Understand how much your fleet can reduce CO2 emissions and fuel consumption
- Ensure EVs have the range performance you require even in extreme weather conditions
- Flexibility to build custom reports and answer questions specific to your business
Support for the largest set of EV models
Benefits of managing your electric vehicle fleet with Geotab
- Supports the largest set of EV models, including passenger, light to heavy goods vehicles and buses
- Monitor both EVs and non-EVs in the same platform, reviewing fuel and EV energy usage and directly comparing performance with equivalent fuel efficiency (Mpg-e)
- Get insight into battery use and identify if any PHEVs are running solely on conventional fuel
- View real-time data on your electric vehicle fleet’s battery charge percentage and charging status with live map functionality
Fuel and EV energy usage report
Use the EVSA to review both fuel and EV energy usage. This helps answer questions such as the typical electric range and the performance of electric fleet vehicles compared to fuel vehicles. This report provides insight into battery use -- specifically is it being maximised and identifying if any of the PHEVs are running solely on conventional fuel.
EV charging report
Commonly asked questions
What is an electric vehicle suitability assessment?
The recommendation takes into consideration available EVs in the local market, EV performance in extreme weather conditions, as well as the financials related to procuring the EVs. Our best fit analysis identifies which of your vehicles are the best candidates for replacement by EVs. Analysis includes vehicle type, range capability and projected savings.
What is the role of telematics in an EVSA?
More advanced models can look at driving behavior parameters such as speed, hard acceleration and braking to further refine the estimated range of an electric vehicle under the same driving patterns. With Geotab’s support, we can help make your transition as seamless as possible.
What does EVSA stand for?
What are the benefits of an EV Suitability Assessment?
• Retail price
• EV type (Battery Electric vs. Plug-in Hybrid)
• Vehicle class
• Battery capacity/range
• Local availability
• Maintenance schedules
• Charging speeds
What is an electric vehicle fleet?
An electric vehicle fleet is a company or organisation that utilises electric vehicles as part or all of their fleet vehicle inventory. Electric vehicle fleets are made up of a variety of vehicle types including hybrid electric vehicles (HEV), battery electric vehicles (BEV) and plug-in hybrid vehicles (PHEV).
What are the advantages of having an EV fleet?
• EVs may help keep your employees and assets safe
• Fleet electrification may help improve your bottom line
• Electric vehicles may improve quality of life
To learn more about the benefits of fleet electrification and getting started, read our blog: Sustainable fleet strategies in Europe.
How can Geotab support an electric vehicle fleet?
Unlike conventional vehicles, EVs do not follow mandatory telematics data standards, making data access a challenge. Working directly with manufacturers, we have developed unique capabilities to access critical EV data, ensuring your EVs will have strong data support today, and in the future as you grow your EV fleet. Operate your EVs with confidence as there are no data gaps in your reporting and your performance questions are answered using the world’s largest EV dataset.
Connect with us
Let us show you how simple it is to use our web-based software and telematics devices to manage your fleet