Protect your fleet with integrated fleet dash cams
Record HD trip videos using a range of the industry's best commercial dash cams, seamlessly integrated with the Geotab telematics platform.
Fleet camera systems for increased protection
Our commercial dash cams deliver a clear and complete picture of harsh driving events and provide crucial video evidence in the case of collisions and insurance disputes.
With high-resolution footage, capture any risky event on the road and around your vehicles. For further security and safety such as protection from theft, connect up to five cameras to monitor vehicles' interiors, equipment and other high-value gear.
Detect risky events with a real-time dash cam
Stay informed of unsafe driving behaviour with high-resolution images and videos of events, plus the location of where it happened.
Capture mobile phone use, smoking, tailgating or driver fatigue so you can minimise risk and better coach your drivers.
Review the vehicle's trip directly from the MyGeotab platform, and view images and videos from any moment in real time.
Reduce collisions with predictive AI dash cam technology
AI-powered fleet cameras can predict imminent collisions and send instant in-cab feedback, ensuring that drivers have enough time to react and avoid a vehicle crash.
AI dash cams also provide performance insights to inform driver coaching programmes. Performance data is crucial to educate drivers, holistically improve safety and help reduce future vehicle damage costs.
How do fleet dash cams work
1. Dash cam starts recording video. Our dash cams operate using power from vehicle batteries via a wired connection. Cameras will only start recording when a vehicle engine is turned on and in motion to avoid unnecessary battery drain.
2. AI connected sensors capture risky driving events. HD footage is recorded constantly when a vehicle is in motion. Footage is captured day or night with infrared LEDs for clear quality video and wide angle lenses for both road facing and driver facing cameras.
3. High-definition footage and alert data are saved to the cloud. Driver journey footage and alerting data are uploaded to the cloud, so fleet managers can view video and image data at any time.
4. Fleet managers can easily review pictures and videos within MyGeotab. You’ll be alerted when video is available to watch and download on the MyGeotab platform. See HD dash cam footage alongside GPS data so you know who the driver was, how fast they were going and where they were located.
Strengthen your safety programme with actionable data
Reduce future risky driving behaviour with AI dash cameras for your commercial fleet of vehicles. Choose from an industry-leading range of cameras that are easy to install, easy to use and fully integrated with the Geotab platform. Watch a live playback of events, see trip and map information, and share videos via web link.
- Gain visibility into on-road activities, including aggressive and distracted driving
- Record driving routes
- Use video to support driver coaching and training
- Record and save video evidence of collisions
- Receive immediate text or email notification of incidents
Commercial dash cam features that matter
Choose from a variety of commercial vehicle camera systems with a wide range of features as standard.
Get a crystal-clear view of events.
Night vision & wide-angle
Day or night, footage is clear and shows the whole picture.
Hours of footage with options to stream or download.
Privacy by design
Configure and customise your dashcam settings and setup for privacy compliance.
Identify risky and unsafe driving with AI and machine vision.
Real-time in-cab alerts
Increase driver safety with in-vehicle feedback.
Use a prescriptive coaching workflow to change behaviours.
Comprehensive reporting capabilities
Quickly and clearly review and analyse key performance indicators alongside telematics data.
Fleet dash cam solutions from Geotab Marketplace
With over 200 third-party solutions, there is something for every business on the Geotab Marketplace.
Use our strongly vetted, industry-leading partners to increase productivity and compliance while lowering operating costs.
From dash cams and asset trackers to maintenance and fuel management, there is something for every business.
Commonly asked fleet dash cam questions
What fleet dash cam options does Geotab have?
Geotab’s robust open platform allows for seamless fleet software integration with leading camera solutions through the Geotab Marketplace. We recognise that one size doesn’t fit all. Geotab offers the power of choice and flexibility and encourages customers to choose an integrated dash cam that best fits the needs of their fleet. Find our available camera solutions on the Geotab Marketplace.
What is a commercial vehicle fleet?
Commercial vehicle fleets help businesses achieve goals and objectives using transport, which includes any type of vehicle, such as semi-trailers, buses, SUVs, vans and cars. Many industries use commercial vehicle fleets, for example:
- Waste management
- Pest control
Why are dash cams important for commercial fleets?
There are many reasons why these camera systems are important for commercial vehicle fleets:
- They save commercial companies money by using video evidence to counter fraudulent claims and exonerate their drivers.
- They offer 360-degree operational visibility with cameras inside and outside the vehicle.
- They identify hazardous driving incidents to personalise driver advice and improve driver professionalism.
- They reduce accident numbers by immediately warning drivers when their vehicle is leaving the lane or drive too closely to other vehicles.
- They use artificial intelligence (AI) to detect cellphone use, and whether the driver is smoking, eating or feeling tired.
How does a Geotab fleet dash cam work?
Once installed, camera data within MyGeotab along with telematics and fleet data insights will be available to view within MyGeotab, along with telematics and fleet data insights.
If you already have a fleet dash cam solution in place, then Geotab can integrate with that so that you can view all your fleet metrics and videos in one centralised platform; MyGeotab.
What is the advantage of Geotab's dash cam solution?
There are different camera and video solution options available on the Geotab Marketplace. The features for each solution ranges from live streaming and on-demand video, to infrared, Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) and much more. Choose an option based on the features and use cases that are most relevant to your fleet.
How can fleet dash cams help with driver safety?
There are many benefits to using fleet dash cameras and video for businesses. Geotab users might deploy dash cams to improve driver safety with the following functions:
• Gain visibility into on-road activities, including aggressive and distracted driving so you can take corrective action in real-time
• Use video to support driver coaching and training
• Provide in-cab coaching with Geotab GO TALK to correct dangerous driving habits in real-time
• Record and save video evidence of collisions to mitigate false insurance claims
• Receive immediate text or email notification of incidents, including near misses to enable immediate action to be taken
With a variety of different options available on the Geotab Marketplace, our customers can select the fleet dash cam solution that best fits their priorities.
Can I download the videos from the fleet dash cams?
Do the fleet dash cameras operate through Wi-Fi?
Every camera solution is different. Some solutions may operate through WiFi while others utilise Bluetooth.
Does a fleet dash cam drain battery?
How long after unsafe driving occurs will I be able to review my video?
How do you install Geotab-integrated fleet dash cams?
Certain camera solutions can be set up through a self-install, while others require a certified professional to complete the install. Please consult with your Geotab Reseller to discuss the best options for your specific case.
What features do Geotab-integrated dash cam come with?
There are different camera and video solution options available on Geotab’s Marketplace. The features for each solution ranges from live streaming and on-demand video, to infrared, ADAS and much more. Choose an option based on the features and use cases most relevant to your fleet.
How long does footage stay on the dash cam?
This varies depending on each solution. However, memory can be added and adjusted based on a customer’s requirements. Please consult the Marketplace Partner for the fleet camera specifications.
How do I check my dash cam footage?
Our Marketplace Partners provide a platform on which users can view and manage video footage. Through our integration, Geotab Customers can access these platforms directly from their MyGeotab site without having to re-authenticate.
Can a fleet dash cam integrate with GPS tracking?
Yes, all fleet camera, video and ADAS solutions on the Marketplace integrate with MyGeotab. With this, you can view and manage videos in your fleet management dashboard with other telematics data. Some of our Partner solutions allow customers to take advantage of Geotab rules and exceptions in order to govern when video is captured or bookmarked.
Is the Geotab fleet dash cam suitable for all types of commercial vehicles?
Yes, Geotab offers integrated fleet camera and video solutions for every type of commercial vehicle, such as heavy-duty, medium-duty or light-duty lorries, vans and passenger vehicles. Browse all available fleet camera systems on the Marketplace website.