Why driver tracking?
Instant MyGeotab notifications
Take advantage of MyGeotab’s flexible notification system to receive email or text message notifications based on user-defined rules. Stay on top of day-to-day fleet activities, such as unsafe driving behavior or when drivers enter or exit specific zones with driver tracking software.
Improve driver behavior
Leverage Geotab’s driver tracking software and easy-to-use MyGeotab software to improve driving behavior with scorecards, trend reports, and innovative Add-In solutions for driver distraction and collision avoidance.
Driver tracking and management tools
- GO TALK in-vehicle driver feedback
- Driver safety scorecard
- Driver ID
- Advanced collision avoidance systems
- Geotab ELD
- Compliance dashboards
- Driver fatigue monitoring
- Anti-distraction phone lock box
- Speeding and seat belt violations report
Driver tracking solutions from Geotab Marketplace
Driver management and training
Commonly asked questions about driver tracking
What is driver management?
Aggressive driving can waste fuel and cause unnecessary vehicle wear and tear. Additionally, unsafe driving can potentially lead to collisions, injury, or expensive legal action. Fleets can actively address these issues by managing and tracking their drivers with the help of telematics data, driver tracking tools, and providing real-time, in-vehicle coaching.
How does driver tracking software work?
Driver tracking software works by connecting with a vehicle’s data to evaluate driver behavior and rule adherence.
Why install a driver tracking device for your fleet?
Installing a driver tracking device can help you track and evaluate driver performance across your fleet. With Geotab you can leverage Geotab’s fleet tracking technology and easy-to-use MyGeotab software and hardware to improve driving behavior with scorecards, trend reports, and innovative Add-In solutions for collision avoidance and to reduce driver distraction.
How can a driver tracking device help driver safety?
Driver scorecard reports that rank your fleet drivers according to their driving performance (across vital metrics such as events of harsh braking and acceleration) enable fleet managers to identify the drivers that are most in need of additional training and support, and which drivers deserve recognition for being the safest drivers in the team.
The data collected by the driver tracking device, together with any high-definition videos that are taken by in-vehicle cameras, can then make valuable driver training tools.
Finally, when drivers know that they are being tracked, it can often have an immediate impact on their driving style and behavior, reducing the frequency of aggressive driving incidents.
What does the law say about driver tracking devices?
Though it is not illegal to put a tracker on a vehicle, certain privacy standards are required to be upheld when it comes to transmitting vehicle data. To learn more about Geotab’s driver tracking solution and how it works to help fleets maintain compliance to driver laws in North America, visit our Compliance solution page or Request a Demo today.
What is the advantage of Geotab's driving tracking system?
With Geotab, you can stay on top of day-to-day fleet activities, such as unsafe driving behavior or when drivers enter or exit specific zones.
Whether you want to increase driver safety, productivity, efficiency, or compliance, we have the right solution to help you reach your goals. Geotab offers the following tools to help you manage your drivers:
• GO TALK in-vehicle driver feedback for real-time coaching and performance improvement
• Driver safety scorecard that ranks drivers for a range of performance metrics that indicate their road safety, so that you can easily see which of your drivers need additional training, and which deserve recognition
• Driver ID to ensure that you know and have a record of exactly who is driving each vehicle at every moment in time
• Advanced collision avoidance systems to reduce the incidence of collisions
• Flexible notification system that allows fleet managers to receive email or text message notifications based on user-defined safety rules
• Geotab Tachograph software which enables real-time monitoring of your drivers’ adherence to their driving hours restrictions, and helps your fleet to comply with driving hours regulations
• Compliance dashboards that take away the complexity, help you avoid fines, and ensure you remain compliant
• Driver fatigue monitoring that enables you to monitor driver fatigue across your entire fleet and proactively engage with drivers to discuss the safety risks associated with fatigue
• Anti-distraction phone lock box that reduces employee phone distraction while driving
• Speeding and seat belt violations report that ranks your drivers according to these and other important safety violations