Analytics for smarter cities
Empower smarter cities with data
Telematics as a Vision Zero tool
Introducing Geotab ITS
Frequently asked questions
What is a smart city?
What smart city solutions does Geotab offer?
This includes solutions that enable:
• the reduction of fatal traffic accidents or traffic-related injuries;
• highly localized air-quality mapping;
• dynamic traffic light synchronization;
• collision detection with real-time notifications;
• the simplification of logistics for commercial goods;
• the proactive assignment of first responders;
• reports on fuel consumption and idling trends;
• the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
What solutions does Geotab offer for public transport systems?
What are the benefits of working with Geotab?
There are many advantages to working with Geotab. ABI Research ranked Geotab as the world's leading provider of telematics solutions and it continues to receive recognition for its innovative technologies and solutions. Whether you have one vehicle or 1000, we have just the thing you need. To learn more about Geotab, request a demo today.
What main features do Geotab's smart city solutions offer?
1. Traffic optimization: Get essential city-wide traffic information that can be used to analyze traffic flow efficiency and justify future investments in connected transportation. Leverage data to manage congestion levels, reduce travel times and improve safety by anticipating and responding intelligently to changing traffic conditions.
2. Safety information to enhance road safety: Leverage connected vehicle data sets to assess dangerous traffic conditions and proactively communicate appropriate warnings to citizens when needed, including high-risk driving areas, hazardous driving conditions and traffic control measures.
3.Environmental benefits: By mapping emissions, idling areas and air quality in a highly localized way, sustainable development teams can identify the regions that have a higher proportion of air pollutants and implement proactive solutions that mitigate or eliminate the associated risks to citizens.