Boost profitability and customer satisfaction
Track fuel consumption
The Geotab advantage
- Complete visibility of workforce, assets, and costs
- GO9 RUGGED ruggedised telematics device
- Track fuel usage and idling trends
- Monitor engine hours and PTO usage
- Fleet safety reports provide valuable insight into your fleet's on-road activities
- Comprehensive vehicle maintenance and engine diagnostics data
- Open platform for easy data integration
- Route optimisation and traffic modelling
Towing fleet solutions from Geotab Marketplace
Routing and dispatching
Commonly asked questions
What is trailer fleet management?
Trailer fleet management consists of the gathering, monitoring, and analysis of data related to tow trucks and trailers. Telematics devices and platforms can help towing companies to track vehicle health, location, and usage patterns. Fleet managers and dispatchers can manage driving safety scorecards, identify the closest vehicle to send to a service call, and monitor driving habits like speeding, harsh braking, and excessive idling. This data can be centrally analysed to identify vehicle maintenance and driver coaching requirements.
Geotab GO and MyGeotab also track the location, utilisation, integrity, and maintenance requirements of remote trailer enclosures.
What are the advantages of using a tracker for a trailer fleet?
The Flex TT600 solar powered asset tracker utilises GPS-based tracking to provide insight into asset usage and location via the MyGeotab platform. Trailer utilisation measures the percentage of time the trailer is in active use and on the road making money for your company.
Tracking utilisation on trailers enables fleet managers to:
- Plan trailer capacity for seasonal peaks
- Determine the ideal balance between owned and rented trailers
- Justify the purchase of new trailers when it is truly needed
How does the Geotab tracker work on trailers?
The Flex TT600 solar powered asset tracker (available through the Geotab Marketplace) collects data, and transmits it via GPS to the MyGeotab platform. Manage trailer utilisation, location, and maintenance data to help determine when trailers need to be replaced or repaired.
Which types of towing vehicles does the Geotab tracking device work on?
Geotab GO devices work with modern light, medium, heavy and heavy duty tow trucks and flatbed vehicles. The GO RUGGED ruggedised device is especially resilient and effective for heavy duty vehicles which require external installation for:
- Tracking the location of tow trucks so that vehicles can be dispatched to the nearest available driver
- Monitoring vehicle integrity and detecting maintenance requirements
- Driver schedule and behaviour, including hard braking, turning and speeding
- Route optimisation and fuel consumption monitoring
- Enabling geofencing to ensure that drivers are in the territories assigned to them
Geotab’s GO devices can be used to dispatch, route, and monitor most modern heavy transport vehicles, light-duty trucks and passenger vehicles like cars and SUVs. A comprehensive list of supported vehicles is provided on our “Is my vehicle supported?” page on our Community portal.
How does trailer fleet management work?
The solar powered Flex TT60x helps fleet managers track percentage utilisation on their trailers to get a better understanding of how much each trailer is used. This data can then be used to inform fleet managers when they should move trailers to different sites to maximise utilisation, or remove the trailers from their books.
The Solar Powered Trailer Tracker can be used to track trailers, containers, generators and other assets. With its rugged construction, long battery life, and highly efficient solar cell, this tracker is designed to endure the real world abuse most large trailers experience. The collected data can be used to stay on top of maintenance and avoid unexpected malfunctions; pinpointing exactly how trailers are being used to maximise their productivity, and providing customers with updates on the status of their goods.