Public sector fleet management solutions
Trusted and secure solution
Road safety initiatives
Accomplish fleet sustainability goals
The Geotab advantage
- Industry leading data security
- Hybrid and electric vehicle (EV) compatibility for easy management and analysis
- One universal device and platform for all vehicle makes and models, including EVs
- Automated reporting for regulatory compliance and billing
- Active tracking for emergency service vehicles
- Accident detection with real-time notifications
- Roadside Assistance
- CO2 emission calculations and reporting + EV suitability and ROI analysis
- Route optimisation tools for reduced mileage and fuel consumption
- Idling & fuel consumption trend reports
- Proactive fleet maintenance software focused on predictive engine and EV battery health
- Smart City insights and road safety analytics
Trusted leader preferred by all levels of government
Geotab chosen to provide telematics data for Madrid City Council’s new electric vehicle fleet
Geotab selected as sole telematics provider by the State of California
Commonly asked questions
What is public sector fleet management?
What are the benefits of public sector fleet management?
• Simplified contracts
• Support for Council and Local government authorities
• Rigorous data security
• Support for meeting electric vehicle (EV) acquisition targets
• Support for meeting sustainability targets
• Critical intelligence to help streamline regulatory compliance and reporting
• Reduced total cost of ownership (TCO) of fleet vehicles
• Improved public and employee safety
• Minimised greenhouse gas emissions
How can Geotab help you manage your public sector fleet?
With fast GPS acquisition time and high-quality recording, these devices ― in combination with MyGeotab fleet management software ― enable councils, local government authorities and other public and third sector fleets to access and leverage vital data from their fleets.
Through analytics and machine learning, Geotab transforms this large volume of data into critical intelligence for fleets, helping to improve fleet management and performance.
What are the benefits of Geotab's fleet management software for public sector fleet management?
To keep pace with current trends and demands in the public sector, Geotab’s telematics platform solution works to:
• Promote sustainability
• Support and advance EV adoption employee and public safety
• Automate compliance
• Boost efficiency
• Streamline maintenance and lower maintenance costs, detecting engine issues in advance
• Simplify deployment and expansion
• Lower fuel costs
• Right-size fleets
How can fleet management help authorities?
Geotab’s fleet management solutions for government fleets can help authorities improve their fleets’ safety as well as the safety of other road users. Geotab’s GO devices and the MyGeotab open telematics platform support authorities in monitoring their fleets at all times. Use active tracking for emergency vehicles. By doing so, they will be able to reach operation sites faster. MyGeotab enables you to monitor, analyse and visualise important vehicle and fleet data to help you make better decisions.
What government fleet solutions does Geotab offer?
Geotab’s web-based software and fleet tracking devices are perfect for managing government fleets on all levels such as:
- Police and first responders
- Winter operations
- Smart City
How can fleet management improve the safety of authorities and municipalities?
Geotab’s tracking devices allow you to monitor your fleet vehicles at all times. You will be able to access important safety information in real time. You can introduce custom rules in MyGeotab to monitor driver behaviour and improve safety. Geotab fleet management solutions offer the highest level of security and are FedRAMP-certified.