Tachograph management simplified
Geotab Tachograph makes compliance easier by offering driver identification, real-time tacho status, remote download and analysis. With automatic remote downloading, all information is updated in real-time, eliminating manual management of driver and vehicle information. Get alerts for expiring company cards, driver cards, expiration of legal downloading periods, and more by setting up email notifications in MyGeotab.
Remote data download
Geotab Tachograph allows you to download all data from your vehicles and driver cards remotely. This will result in significant savings in time and cost.
View driver status and driving hours in real-time, to help your employees comply with European regulations. Encourage your drivers to take proper breaks to help ensure they are well-rested when operating their vehicles, reducing the chances of injuring themselves and other road users.
The Geotab advantage
Geotab’s open platform allows you to get even more value from your tachograph. Integrate your maintenance program and much more with Geotab’s open APIs and Software Development Kit. Other benefits include:
- Fuel usage and efficiency monitoring
- Integration with a number of major Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and platforms
- Engine fault reporting for proactive vehicle maintenance
- Paperless forms and electronic signature capture
- Add Marketplace solutions for trucking, such as refrigerated trailer temperature monitoring, tire pressure monitoring, in-cab cameras, and more
Easily track all digital tachograph data remotely, including driver card data, without needing driver intervention. Fleet managers can schedule downloads for greater compliance with European Union technical and legal requirements.
Commonly asked questions
Do I need a digital tachograph analysis software?
We can work with you to make it happen. Maximise your return on investment with Geotab’s expandability options. Use our SDK & APIs to build your own custom solutions, or integrate with your transport management system (TMS) — the choice is yours.
How does digital tachograph work?
What is a digital tachograph?
How can I view current driver data?
How long is data stored on a digital tachograph?
A driver's card can store up to 28 days worth of data. When it is full, the stored data may be overwritten by new data.
What does the law say about digital tachographs?
How do you operate a digital tachograph?
To avoid infringements, it is important not to drive the vehicle until your card has been correctly inserted into the VU.
On completion of your duties, you can only eject the Driver Card from the VU once the vehicle is stationary. You should treat your Driver card as personal property and always keep it with you, particularly if another driver will be driving the same vehicle or you have to leave the vehicle for any reason.
What does the digital tachograph record?
• Driver activity (driving, rest, breaks, other activities, availability)
• Vehicle speed
• Date Vehicle registration number
• Date and time of activity change
• Events (over speeding, driving without a driver card, tampering, fraud attempts) and errors
• Single or co-driver
• Number of times a driver card is inserted each day
• Distance travelled by the driver, captured via odometer
• Enforcement checks
• Details of tachograph calibrations
What is the advantage of Geotab's tachograph solution?
• Automate Remote Tachograph Downloads
• Enhance visibility
• Improve fleet performance
• Route optimisation
• Integrate ERP/TMS
• Access data insights
• Advanced reporting
• Accurate ETAs
• Increase sustainability
• Improve driver safety