View at-a-glance fuel reports
Stay on top of fleet fuel management trends with dashboard reports for fuel consumption and idling. Compare progress month-by-month. Track total mileage driven to monitor fuel efficiency across the fleet and per vehicle, and see the CO2 emissions associated with your fuel usage.
Increase fuel efficiency with proactive maintenance
Keeping tires properly inflated and vehicles in good condition supports peak fuel efficiency. Practice proactive fleet maintenance with Geotab reports and reminders to optimise vehicle performance, fuel efficiency and safety.
Instill fuel efficient driving practices
Mitigating unwanted driving behaviours like speeding, harsh braking and unnecessary idling is a key component of effective fuel management. Send live, in-vehicle verbal feedback or buzzer alerts when drivers break pre-defined rules. Promote fuel efficient driving behaviours with coaching tools from the Geotab Marketplace.
How does a fuel management system help?
By connecting to the Geotab platform, you have visibility into trends on fuel usage and fill-ups, plus access to critical engine data for proactive vehicle maintenance. Integrate your fuel cards to monitor these transactions directly from MyGeotab so no fuel usage goes un-monitored. Set fleet fuel management rules and notifications to proactively manage fuel-inefficient behaviours such as speeding and idling.
Track key fuel metrics such as:
- Fuel consumption (fuel used and fuel used when idling)
- Fuel economy (the actual MPG)
- Fuel level
- True idling
- Engine faults, such as faulty oxygen sensor that reduce fuel efficiency
Fleet fuel management solutions from Geotab Marketplace
Track fuel metrics that have a direct impact on your bottom line. Solutions include emissions and idling trend reports, overall fuel usage, and fuel card integration.See solutions
Commonly asked questions
How do you manage fuel for a fleet?
Fleet fuel management consists of:
• Monitoring driver behaviours that can have a negative effect on fuel efficiency, such as harsh speeding, acceleration and braking, and excessive idling.
• Gaining greater control of where and when fuel is purchased
• Optimising preventative maintenance schedules
• Utilising vehicle diagnostics data to practice proactive maintenance
• Rightsizing vehicles to their correct duty cycles
• Preventing fuel fraud by monitoring for excessive fuel usage patterns
Fleets that utilise fuel management systems benefit from increased operational efficiency and environmental performance, and reduced fuel costs.
How can I reduce my fleet fuel costs?
• Proactively mitigating the misuse of resources and cutting unnecessary fuel costs through measuring, tracking and reporting on inefficient driving habits or the breaking of company policies
• Implementing a preventative and proactive maintenance programme that keeps vehicles running optimally in order to reduce excessive fuel consumption
• Controlling where and when fuel is purchased and drivers fill up, whether that’s at your depot or with fuel cards
What does a fuel management system do?
• Fuel consumption (fuel used and fuel used when idling)
• Fuel economy (the actual MPG)
• Fuel level
• True idling
• Engine faults, such as faulty oxygen sensor that reduce fuel efficiency
What are the advantages of Geotab's fleet fuel management software?
Fuel management solutions, coupled with Geotab data, allow fleets to improve fuel efficiency in order to maximise cost savings. With a fuel management system in place, you can decrease wasted fuel, put a hold on stolen fuel cards, approve or decline fuel transactions and prevent abuse of resources.
With MyGeotab you can easily monitor trends in fuel economy and other related metrics in one central location, right-size your fleet and improve fuel efficiency by maximising usage, finding shorter routes and advising drivers on the best places to stop for fuel.