Connect to your mobile workforce and utility fleet assets
Utility fleet management features
Reduce fuel consumption
Risk and safety reports
The Geotab advantage
- Real-time visibility of your workforce, assets, and costs in the MyGeotab fleet management software
- Track fuel usage, engine hours and PTO usage to reduce operating costs
- Engine diagnostics and battery monitoring to prevent unexpected vehicle breakdowns
- Seat belt usage monitoring to keep your workforce safe
- Insights on idling trends and eco-driving performance to enable you to reduce fleet CO2 emissions
- High-performance GPS technology with an IP68 and IP69K rated ruggedised device for increased protection from the elements
- Advanced dashboard reports to make it easy to see the data that’s important to you
- Preventative and predictive fleet maintenance software to help you optimise vehicle uptime, improving fleet productivity and service levels
- Open platform for easy data and fleet software integration
- Marketplace Apps & Add-Ons
Utility fleet management solutions from Geotab Marketplace
Driver management and training
Maintenance and diagnostics
Commonly asked questions about utility fleet management
What is utility fleet management software?
Utility fleet management software is a specialised telematics solution designed for fleets belonging to utility companies. Utility fleet management software provides features that are unique to the utilities industry and allows for more robust fleet and equipment management.
Telematics devices in your fleet vehicles communicate in real-time with a web-based fleet management platform, providing actionable data in simple dashboards and reports that enable you to make informed decisions to cut costs, improve customer service levels and boost productivity.
How can Geotab help me manage my utility fleet?
Geotab helps you to effectively manage the safety of employees and contractors on the road and at the job site. Our utility fleet solution can help you stay connected to fleet operations with real-time tracking and data intelligence. For utility fleet vehicles operating in harsh conditions, the GO9 RUGGED telematics device is IP68 and IP69K rated for increased protection from the elements.
Geotab’s utility fleet tracking and management solution enables you to:
• Improve driver and worksite safety
• Increase productivity and decrease operational costs
• Manage compliance
• Optimise fleets and cut fuel costs
What are the advantages of utility fleet management?
What is the advantage of Geotab's utility fleet management solutions?
• Real-time visibility of your workforce, assets, and costs in the MyGeotab fleet management software
• Tracking fuel usage, engine hours and PTO usage to reduce operating costs
• Engine diagnostics and battery monitoring to prevent unexpected vehicle breakdowns
• Seat belt usage monitoring to keep your workforce safe
• Insights on idling trends and eco-driving performance to enable you to reduce fleet CO2 emissions
• High-performance GPS technology with an IP68 and IP69K rated ruggedised device for increased protection from the elements
• Advanced dashboard reports to make it easy to see the data that’s important to you
• Preventative and predictive maintenance software to help you optimise vehicle uptime, improving fleet productivity and service levels
• Open platform for easy data integration
• Marketplace Apps & Add-Ons
How can Geotab help track utility fleet vehicle maintenance and compliance?
Geotab can track utility fleet vehicle maintenance and compliance by successfully controlling the road and project site safety of employees and contractors. With real-time tracking and data insight, our system can help you stay connected to fleet operations. The GO9 RUGGED telematics device is IP68 and IP69K rated for greater protection from the elements in utility vehicles working in severe environments.
How does utility vehicle fleet management work?
Using a utility fleet management solution can help a fleet to reduce fuel consumption and idling time, generate regular risk and fleet safety reports for driver behaviour trends and increase uptime with remote diagnostics and fault code notifications linked to recommended action plans.
Is tracking different for different utility vehicles?
Geotab’s Marketplace Apps and Add-Ons offer a broad range of services beyond core location vehicle health, and driver behaviour tracking and monitoring. For example, video telematics services which detect activities inside and outside the vehicle to detect distracted or unsafe driving. Geotab GO devices can also collect data from sensors to detect collisions, and detect where on-service vehicles are relative to service calls to drive efficiency.
Which types of utility vehicles does the Geotab tracking device work on?
Geotab’s GO devices can be used to dispatch, route, and monitor most modern heavy transport vehicles, light-duty trucks and passenger vehicles like cars and SUVs. A comprehensive list of supported vehicles is provided on our “Is my vehicle supported?” page on our Community portal.