Smart city solutions
Actionable data insights for smart cities
Safety insights for safer roads
Gain insight into your local transportation environment
- Reduce traffic related fatalities and injuries
- Hyper-local air quality mapping
- Dynamic traffic signal phasing
- Accident detection with real-time notifications
- Streamline commercial flow of goods
- Proactively dispatch First Responders
- Idling & fuel consumption trend reports
- Lower GHG emissions
Geotab Data and Analytics
Urban analytics are the building blocks of smart cities. With near real-time visibility into operations, cities can optimise urban planning and fast-track their progress towards becoming a smart city.Visit Geotab Data and Analytics site
Commonly asked questions
What is a smart city?
Smart cities leverage connected infrastructures, sensors and the IoT to help solve urban problems such as traffic congestion, service provision for growing populations and public health and safety. Telematics and urban analysis are the basic elements of smart cities, as they provide municipalities with a real-time picture of city projects and conditions.
What smart city solutions does Geotab offer?
Geotab's smart city data aims to keep authorities and citizens informed by providing them with useful, data-based information that can be used to justify changes, support strategic municipal investments in smart city technologies and even predict future behaviours or activities.
This includes solutions that enable:
- the reduction of fatal traffic accidents or traffic-related injuries;
- highly localised air-quality mapping;
- dynamic traffic light synchronisation;
- collision detection with real-time notifications;
- the simplification of logistics for commercial goods;
- the proactive assignment of first responders;
- reports on fuel consumption and idling trends;
- the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
What solutions does Geotab offer for public transport systems?
Geotab works with federal, state and local authorities to provide solutions for all government fleets, including public transport fleets.
What are the benefits of working with Geotab?
There are many advantages to working with Geotab. ABI Research ranked Geotab as the world's leading provider of telematics solutions and it continues to receive recognition for its innovative technologies and solutions. Whether you have one vehicle or 1000, we have just the thing you need. To learn more about Geotab, request a demo today.
What main features do Geotab's smart city solutions offer?
Geotab's smart city solutions have three main advantages:
- Traffic optimisation: Get essential city-wide traffic information that can be used to analyse traffic flow efficiency and justify future investments in connected transportation. Leverage data to manage congestion levels, reduce travel times and improve safety by anticipating and responding intelligently to changing traffic conditions.
- Safety information to enhance road safety: Leverage connected vehicle data sets to assess dangerous traffic conditions and proactively communicate appropriate warnings to citizens when needed, including high-risk driving areas, hazardous driving conditions and traffic control measures.
- Environmental benefits: By mapping emissions, idling areas and air quality in a highly localised way, sustainable development teams can identify the regions that have a higher proportion of air pollutants and implement proactive solutions that mitigate or eliminate the associated risks to citizens.