Duty of care
Protect the health and safety of your employees and the reputation of your company by helping drivers stay safe and aware of hazards while they’re on the road. Geotab’s duty of care fleet compliance solutions are based on continuous research, development and innovation.Learn more about duty of care
Make sure your vehicles are always roadworthy.
The Geotab Drive app streamlines daily driver walkaround safety checks, and enables fleet operators to easily carry out first time safety inspections for new vehicles. View end-to-end vehicle inspection workflows and benefit from easier defect resolution.
Privacy and GDPR
Geotab’s open platform telematics solution provides fleet managers with the tools they need to run their fleets in a safe and secure manner, while remaining compliant with data protection regulations (GDPR), protecting sensitive information about your fleet operations and drivers.Learn more about privacy and GDPR
Digital tachograph solutions
Strengthen drivers hours compliance, fleet safety compliance and more with Geotab Tachograph. Stay in the know and minimise working time violations with reports on driver identification, real-time tacho status, remote download and analysis.Learn more about Geotab tachograph
Commonly asked questions
What is fleet compliance?
Generally, fleet compliance consists of:
Vehicles - must be in safe working order and must be subjected to a safety check before their first use for the company, and before the start of any driving shift. Vehicles must be properly equipped and inspected, and receive regular maintenance.
Drivers - must comply with drivers’ hours and working hours regulations as applicable. Drivers of tachograph-enabled vehicles must comply with drivers hours regulations and the data on vehicle and driver cards must be regularly collected and analysed. All drivers must hold a valid driving licence and be sufficiently trained and certified. They must also be in good health.
Management - procedures should be in place to monitor and control:
• How your fleet uses the road, specifically who is driving your vehicles, what vehicles are being used at any one time, what journeys are being completed, and how your drivers conduct themselves on the road
• The risks created by the fleet
• The potential consequences of those risks
• The measures taken to reduce the severity of these risks and consequences
• How sensitive data is handled and protected, in accordance with GDPR
What can I do to ensure my fleet is compliant?
• Create a fleet safety management programme that includes daily driver vehicle checks and new vehicle safety checks. Streamline this process and support your staff by electronically recording this data to minimise paperwork and administration errors, and enable end-to-end vehicle inspection workflows and defect resolution.
• Develop a predictive maintenance schedule that improves overall fleet uptime, vehicle safety and compliance. Use fleet maintenance software to schedule automated maintenance reminders, approve repair requests in real-time, and have access to an end-to-end record of all defects and how they were resolved.
• Keep a record of your drivers’ training and education needs to ensure that staff are fit and competent to drive.
• Use duty of care fleet compliance solutions to back up your management policies and procedures that protect the health and safety of your employees and the reputation of your company.
• Keep abreast of the development of the cities that are establishing clean air zones (CAZ), low emission zones (LEZ) and ultra-low emission zones (ULEZ), and ensure that the vehicles you operate in these zones comply with their requirements.
How does fleet management software support compliance?
• Geotab’s driver tracking solutions identify driver training and education needs to ensure that staff are fit and competent to drive. They can also assist in incentivizing drivers to improve their driving, reduce collision rates and incidents of aggressive driving, and improve accident investigations.
• Geotab’s duty of care fleet compliance solutions support your management policies and procedures to protect the health and safety of your employees and the reputation of your company.
• Geotab Drive defect reporting app enables drivers to electronically record their pre- and post-trip driver vehicle inspection reports, and managers to complete their safety inspections, without creating mountains of paperwork.
• MyGeotab’s fleet maintenance software helps you to prioritise safety on the road and extend the life of your vehicles by preemptively identifying engine issues, helping you to switch from a reactive to a proactive maintenance programme.
• Geotab’s open platform telematics solution provides you with the tools to run your fleet in a safe and secure manner, while remaining compliant with data protection regulations (GDPR), protecting sensitive information about your fleet operations and drivers.
• Geotab tachograph makes compliance with drivers’ hours rules and tachograph regulations easier by offering driver identification, real-time tacho status, remote download and analysis. With automatic remote downloading, all information is updated in real-time, eliminating the need for either the truck or the driver to be present.
When does my fleet need to be fully compliant?
To ensure your fleet’s compliance with local emissions standards, the following cities already operate clean air zones:
• Bath - Class C Clean Air Zone.
• Birmingham - Class D Clean Air Zone.
More cities will implement Clean Air Zones later in 2021 and 2022, including Portsmouth, which will start charging from 29th November 2021.
On 25th October 2021, the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) expanded from central London up to (but not including) the North Circular and South Circular roads.