Electronic Work Diary (EWD)
Reduce stress for your drivers, increase accuracy in reporting, save admin costs and be compliant with the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR ) requirements.
Geotab partnership with Logmaster
Geotab partnered with Logmaster, a National Heavy Vehicle Regulator-approved Electronic Work Diary (EWD), to offer an integrated fatigue management diary solution that is entirely paperless.
What is an Electronic Work Diary (EWD)?
An Electronic Work Diary (EWD) is an electronic device or system approved by the NHVR to monitor and record the work and rest times. Drivers can use it as an alternative to a written work diary.
The benefits of using an EWD
If you wish to manage fatigue with Australian rulesets in Geotab Drive, we have a work diary management system for drivers that offers:
- Real-time updates make sure your office compliance team will see your entries as soon as they are made
- Compatibility with Android and Apple smartphones and tablets
- National coverage — for use in all states
- Digital driver fitness declaration
- Digital vehicle pre-start checklist
- Smart rest break notifications and alerts
- Incident reporting system
- Support for sub-contractors and drivers who work for multiple companies
- Paper workbook log entry system for breach detection of non-EWD user data
- Automatic offline mode which allows the system to function perfectly while the vehicle is out of network coverage
- Fatigue management
- Custom form builder
One portal to maintain record-keeping for your fleet
You can now power up compliance with a chain of responsible automations, including:
- Receiving logbooks from the driver EWD, employee or contractor linked.
- Seeing breaches and responding quickly, as well as following up with other safety concerns reported by your drivers.
- Staying up-to-date with driver's licences and vehicle registration renewals with smart expiry alerts.
- Responding in real-time to driver fitness and vehicle pre-start inspection declarations.
- Entering diary log sheets into the system and checking for breaches.
- Accessing your record keeper portal securely in the cloud on any device, anywhere, anytime.
- Managing your subscription for ad-hoc drivers, employees and contractors.
- Recording vehicle information that is relevant for drivers with the depot tool
- Taking advantage of data connectivity and reporting options for the business.
Drivers Mobile App
With the Logmaster Australia app, drivers can record their hours of rest or work to minimise driving while fatigued. You can manage their work records on the road or oversee them from the depot to ensure a safe and compliant fleet.
Drivers need to follow these three steps to enter in the EWD:
- Create Events - press Work and Rest throughout the day
- Correct Events - edit errors in the Events section
- Confirm Events - do End of Day at least every 24 hours
Your fleet compliance at a glance
MyGeotab users can view the Logmaster portal in the MyGeotab environment. The portal can be used to administer drivers and vehicles, receive and configure alerts, view driver work rest events and logbooks, and help with advanced compliance reporting. Additional modules automate the record keeper’s compliance processes for the company’s HVNL obligations.