Asset tracking and management
Maximizing fleet productivity starts with measuring employee work output. Learn how to calculate your fleet productivity score. Find out how you can improve efficiency and save your business money with telematics.
Routing and dispatching
Fleet management reports
Commonly asked questions
What is meant by fleet productivity?
How do I measure fleet productivity?
How do idling and vehicle downtime affect fleet productivity?
Vehicle downtime is a serious drain on vehicle utilisation rates, and as such, fleet productivity. Downtime can be caused by a range of factors, including aggressive driving behaviour, ineffective fleet maintenance programmes, running vehicles on duty cycles that they are not suitable for, and inefficient routing. The MyGeotab fleet management system enables you to counter all of these issues quickly and effectively to drive up vehicle utilisation rates.
How does improving fleet productivity help reduce costs?
Increasing vehicle utilization provides fleet managers with opportunities to reduce overall fleet size, both by reducing the number of vehicles needed to complete the same number of jobs, and by reducing the need for reserve vehicles to cover duty vehicles while they are undergoing maintenance.
How can Geotab’s solutions help me improve fleet productivity?
• Reducing the time drivers spend idling, or sitting inactive while they’re on-the-clock
• Optimizing routes for more efficient job scheduling
• Eliminating the unauthorised use of fleet vehicles
• Cutting down on manual processes and paperwork
• Highlighting driver behaviours that are counterproductive to their work
• Tracking vehicles in real-time to allow for dynamic scheduling of jobs
• Enabling a predictive maintenance programme to improve your fleet’s overall uptime