Real-time data and synchronization
Use lightweight data feed APIs to actively pull fleet data into your environment and synchronize it with other data-driven applications. Easily retrieve active and calculated data from the data feed, including fault data and exception events, respectively.
Develop custom applications and Geotab Add-Ins
Extend MyGeotab with custom applications suited to your business needs. With the MyGeotab SDK, developers are able to use featured sample code and projects to get started. Increase functionality by creating custom Add-In buttons or pages, joining MyGeotab data with your own APIs. Benefit from having all your required data in one easy-to-use location.
Flexibility and control with our open platform
Use the data that you are most interested in. Designed for Resellers, customers and integrators, the MyGeotab SDK simplifies and automates processes to add value, increase efficiency and add unique functionality to support specific business needs.
MyGeotab SDK benefits
- Language and platform agnostic
- Security is paramount, TLS 1.2 mandatory
- SDK is hosted on GitHub - you can contribute!
- Use the API Runner for quick learning and testing
- Authenticate once then use session ID
- Rate and Results Limits are in place to maintain stability
- Use the GetFeed to optimally extract your telematics data
- Helpful Geotab forums accessible for Geotab and community support
Intro to the Geotab SDK
In this helpful video, Steve Hansen, Geotab Software Developer, provides step-by-step instructions on using the Geotab software development kit.Watch video
Open platform: The new way of doing business
The old way of telematics is a closed system. It’s expensive, you’re locked in, and there is limited access to data. The new way of doing things is open platform. It’s more affordable, easy to customize, and most importantly, you have open access to your data.Read more