Protect your business with fleet camera systems
Our commercial dash cams provide crucial video evidence in the case of collisions and insurance disputes, captured in a clear and complete high-definition picture.
For further security and fleet safety information, such as protection from theft, connect up to five cameras to monitor the interiors, equipment and other high-value gear of your vehicles.
Improve safety with dash cams for trucks and fleets
Our dash cams can help you minimize risk and improve driver performance by capturing risky events, including:
- Cell phone use
- Driver fatigue
Review real-time vehicle trip information, as well as images and video, right from the MyGeotab platform.
Reduce collisions with AI fleet dash cams
Our AI-powered fleet dash cameras can predict imminent collisions and send instant in-cab feedback, to give drivers enough time to react and avoid collisions.
AI dash cams also provide performance insights to inform driver coaching programs. Performance data is crucial to educate drivers, holistically improve safety and help reduce future vehicle damage costs.
Plus, you can get a comprehensive view of trips and driver behavior with advanced dual facing commercial vehicle camera systems. Advantages of the dual facing dash cam include:
- Full visibility of both the cabin and vehicle exterior in case of an event
- Better opportunities for driver coaching
- Instant notifications to drivers who exhibit risky driving behaviors
Check out our selection of dual facing dash cams on the Geotab Marketplace.
How do fleet dash cams work
1. Dash cam starts recording video. Our dash cams operate using power from vehicle batteries via a wired connection. Cameras will only start recording when a vehicle engine is turned on and in motion to avoid unnecessary battery drain.
2. AI connected sensors capture risky driving events. HD footage is recorded constantly when a vehicle is in motion. Footage is captured day or night with infrared LEDs for clear quality video and wide angle lenses for both road facing and driver facing cameras.
3. High-definition footage and alert data are saved to the cloud. Driver journey footage and alerting data are uploaded to the cloud, so fleet managers can view video and image data at any time.
4. Fleet managers can easily review pictures and videos within MyGeotab. You’ll be alerted when video is available to watch and download on the MyGeotab platform. See HD dash cam footage alongside GPS data so you know who the driver was, how fast they were going and where they were located.
Get comprehensive data and strengthen your safety program with AI fleet dash cams
Choose from an industry leading range of cameras that are easy to install, easy to use and fully integrated with the Geotab platform.
With fleet dash cams you can:
- Gain visibility into on-road activities, including aggressive and distracted driving
- Record driving routes
- Use video to support driver coaching and training
- Record and save video evidence of collisions
- Receive immediate text or email notification of incidents
- Watch live playback of events
- See trip and map information
- Share videos via web link
Commercial dash cam features
Our fleet camera systems come with a wide range of standard features, including:
Get crystal-clear footage.
Night vision & wide-angle
Clear footage that shows the whole picture – day or night.
Capable of storing hours of footage with options to stream or download.
Privacy by design
Configure and customize your fleet’s dash cam settings and setup for privacy compliance.
Identify risky and unsafe driving with AI and machine vision.
Real-time in-cab alerts
Increase safety with in-vehicle feedback.
Use a step-by-step plan (prescriptive coaching workflow) to change behaviors.
Comprehensive reporting capabilities
Quickly and clearly review and analyze key performance indicators alongside telematics data.
Fleet camera system solutions from Geotab Marketplace
Monitor a vehicle’s surroundings to improve safety and reduce costs.
Dash cam solutions include everything from video recording devices to monitors that can alert drivers of hazardous conditions.
Dash camera resources
Fleet dash cams improve fleet safety by providing accurate insights for coaching. Machine vision and AI in fleet camera systems detect distracted driving and other risky habits. Learn how to get a safety advantage with commercial vehicle cameras.
Commonly asked questions
What fleet dash cam options does Geotab have?
What is a commercial fleet?
Commercial fleets help businesses accomplish their goals and objectives by transporting goods between endpoints. A fleet can include any type of vehicle, such as semi-trucks, buses, SUVs, vans and cars. Many industries and sectors have commercial fleets, including:
• Waste management
• Pest control
Why are dash cams important for commercial fleets?
• Save commercial businesses money by using video evidence for fraudulent claims and exonerating drivers
• Offer 360 degree operational visibility with in-cab and exterior cameras
• Identify harsh driving incidents to personalize driver coaching and increase driver engagement
• Reduce the number of collisions by sending instant alerts to drivers when they are lane drifting or driving too close to other vehicles
• Pick up on driver behaviors like cell phone use, smoking, eating or driver fatigue using AI
How do Geotab-integrated fleet dash cams work?
Geotab integrated dash cams are an extension of the MyGeotab platform. Your Geotab Reseller will assist in installing the Add-In to MyGeotab. Once you receive the hardware, you will be able to install it into your fleet vehicles. Once installed, camera data within MyGeotab along with telematics and fleet data insights will be available to view.
How do you install Geotab-integrated fleet dash cams?
What features do Geotab-integrated dash cams come with?
There are different camera and video solution options available on Geotab’s Marketplace. The features for each solution range from live streaming and on-demand video, to infrared, ADAS and much more. Choose an option based on the features and use cases most relevant to your fleet.
How long does footage stay on the dash cam?
How do I check my dash cam footage?
How do fleet dash cam systems work?
What are the benefits of fleet dash cams?
Can a fleet dash cam integrate with GPS tracking?
Is the Geotab fleet dash cam suitable for all types of commercial vehicles?
What is the advantage of Geotab's dash cam solution?
Geotab’s robust open platform allows integration with leading camera solutions through the Geotab Marketplace. We recognize that one size doesn’t fit all. Geotab offers the power of choice and flexibility and encourages customers to choose a dash cam that best fits the needs of their fleet. Find our available camera solutions on the Geotab MarketplaceGeotab can also integrate with your existing fleet dash cam hardware.
There are different camera and video solution options available on the Geotab Marketplace. The features for each solution ranges from live streaming and on-demand video, to infrared, Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) and much more. Choose an option based on the features and use cases that are most relevant to your fleet.
How can fleet dash cams help with driver safety?
• Gain visibility into on-road activities, including aggressive and distracted driving so you can take corrective action in real-time
• Use video to support driver coaching and training
• Provide in-cab coaching with Geotab GO TALK to correct dangerous driving habits in real-time
• Record and save video evidence of collisions to mitigate false insurance claims
• Receive immediate text or email notification of incidents, including near misses to enable immediate action to be taken
With a variety of different options available on the Geotab Marketplace, our customers can select the fleet dash cam solution that best fits their priorities.
Can I download the videos?
Do the cameras operate through Wi-Fi?
Does a dash cam drain battery?
How long after unsafe driving occurs will I be able to review my video?
Every fleet dash cam solution is different. Some solutions provide continuous, real-time streaming with alerts when unsafe driving behaviors occur while others will upload videos after the event. To find the right camera solution for your needs, visit the Camera and ADAS page in the Geotab Marketplace.