DOT compliance management solutions for fleets
Simplify fleet and driver compliance to regulations with Geotab DOT compliance solutions.
DOT compliance - Electronic Logging Device (ELD)
Compliance management - Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR)
Compliance blog resources
Compliance is a vital part of your operation. The right tools can help you simplify the process with clear HOS visibility, cross-border solutions and easy vehicle inspections. Check out our resources.
Fleet compliance - International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA)
Commonly asked questions
What is fleet compliance?
How can I achieve and maintain fleet compliance with Geotab?
Can Geotab help my fleet become DOT compliant?
How can my fleet maintain DOT compliance?
How can I make fleet compliance easier with Geotab?
When does my fleet need to be fully compliant?
What can I do to ensure my fleet is compliant?
• Create a fleet safety management programme that includes daily driver vehicle checks and new vehicle safety checks. Streamline this process and support your staff by electronically recording this data to minimise paperwork and administration errors, and enable end-to-end vehicle inspection workflows and defect resolution.
• Develop a predictive maintenance schedule that improves overall fleet uptime, vehicle safety and compliance. Use fleet maintenance software to schedule automated maintenance reminders, approve repair requests in real-time, and have access to an end-to-end record of all defects and how they were resolved.
• Keep a record of your drivers’ training and education needs to ensure that staff are fit and competent to drive.
• Use duty of care fleet compliance solutions to back up your management policies and procedures that protect the health and safety of your employees and the reputation of your company.
• Keep abreast of the development of the cities that are establishing clean air zones (CAZ), low emission zones (LEZ) and ultra-low emission zones (ULEZ), and ensure that the vehicles you operate in these zones comply with their requirements.
How does fleet management software support compliance?
• Geotab’s driver tracking solutions identify driver training and education needs to ensure that staff are fit and competent to drive. They can also assist in incentivizing drivers to improve their driving, reduce collision rates and incidents of aggressive driving, and improve accident investigations.
• Geotab’s duty of care fleet compliance solutions support your management policies and procedures to protect the health and safety of your employees and the reputation of your company.
• Geotab Drive defect reporting app enables drivers to electronically record their pre- and post-trip driver vehicle inspection reports, and managers to complete their safety inspections, without creating mountains of paperwork.
• MyGeotab’s fleet maintenance software helps you to prioritise safety on the road and extend the life of your vehicles by preemptively identifying engine issues, helping you to switch from a reactive to a proactive maintenance programme.
• Geotab’s open platform telematics solution provides you with the tools to run your fleet in a safe and secure manner, while remaining compliant with data protection regulations (GDPR), protecting sensitive information about your fleet operations and drivers.
• Geotab tachograph makes compliance with drivers’ hours rules and tachograph regulations easier by offering driver identification, real-time tacho status, remote download and analysis. With automatic remote downloading, all information is updated in real-time, eliminating the need for either the truck or the driver to be present.