Insights to help fleets reduce emissions
Implement sustainable fleet solutions while improving your bottom line.
Peter Hecker | Senior Telematics Specialist at DB Regio Bus
Reduce your fleet's fuel consumption
Visualize sustainability efforts
Compare your performance against similar fleets. Oversee your fleet’s operating costs and environmental performance with the Green Fleet Dashboard.
- Evaluate fuel economy by comparing to similar fleets
- Study driving behavior trends to promote efficient driving
- Track EV performance, usage and cost savings
Manage costs with improved operations
Take the most efficient route
Work with a partner as committed to climate action as you are
Sustainability is at the core of everything we do at Geotab, from striving to minimize the environmental footprint of our internal operations to developing innovative technologies that optimize the ability of fleets to reduce CO2 emissions.
Set and achieve fleet-wide CO2 emission targets
Pinpoint high-emission vehicles
Create a detailed summary of each vehicle’s contribution to total fleet emissions, using the CO2 Emissions Report.
- Prioritize your efforts by addressing your most problematic vehicles first
- Locate and limit excessive or unnecessary fuel use
Transform your fleet with electric vehicles
Go electric with confidence
A personalized fleet electrification blueprint based on performance requirements, vehicle preference and charging availability.
- Identify which vehicles are best suited for EV replacement
- Forecast your potential cost savings and CO2 reduction
- Receive market-specific EV model recommendations
Leaders in sustainable fleet
Wiseway: Never idle when it comes to safety, savings and service
Wiseway reduced idling by 44% and noticed a vast improvement in safety when they integrated a number of sustainable solutions from Geotab.
Ferrovial Servicios: Waste management fleet optimizes and integrates
With the help of telematics, Ferrovial Servicios was able to improve their operations and reduce their number of routes, saving them money.
SBB AG: Data-driven electrification of the fleet on the path to climate neutrality
Through the use of the EVSA, SBB was able to evaluate the electrification potential of its fleet in order to begin integrating their first electric vehicles.
Resources for your sustainability journey
Whether you are just beginning to assess your fleet’s environmental impact or you are looking for ways to accelerate your decarbonization efforts, Geotab is here to help.
Commonly asked questions
What are sustainable fleet management practices?
Sustainable fleet management refers to activities centered around reducing the environmental and social impact of fleet vehicles, including strategies such as:
• GPS tracking
• Monitoring and training drivers to encourage fuel-efficient and safe driving behaviors
• Reduction of idling and greenhouse gas emissions
• Adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) including plug-in hybrid (PHEVs) or battery electric vehicles (BEVs)
• Rightsizing of vehicles to the correct duty cycles
• Use of alternative fuels
• Car sharing
• Considering alternative modes of transportation altogether
• Creation of preventative, rather than reactive maintenance programs
How can Geotab help with sustainable fleet management?
Geotab offers a full range of sustainability solutions, including:
• EV fleet management to ensure fleets get the best performance and greatest value out of their electric vehicles
• Electric Vehicle Suitability Assessment to support and justify the transition to electric
• Environmental performance dashboards and reports to enable fleets to reduce their emissions of greenhouse gases (GHG) and other pollutants
• Vehicle tracking to enable fleet and dispatch managers to optimize routing and reduce transport mileage
• Data insights to enable local authorities and other government agencies to improve traffic safety, reduce congestion and improve local air quality
What are the benefits of green fleet management?
Green fleet management has a tremendous amount of benefits for fleets, including:
• Reducing the organization’s carbon footprint through supporting fuel efficient driving behaviors, better route management and/or use of alternative-fuel vehicles with fewer to no emissions
• Lowering long-term costs, such as spending less on fuel, oil, maintenance and even insurance, by reducing the occurrence of at-fault collisions
• Complying with any applicable emissions regulations
• Improving driver morale and staff retention rates