Insights to help fleets reduce emissions
Implement sustainable fleet solutions while improving your bottom line.
Power your sustainability journey with data-driven insights
Reduce your fleet's fuel consumption
Adopting Electric Vehicles and Sustainable Fleet Strategies workbook
A tool for building a business case for the creation of a more environmentally friendly and efficient fleet.
Manage costs with improved operations
Work with a partner as committed to climate action as you are
Sustainability is at the core of everything we do at Geotab, from striving to minimize the environmental footprint of our internal operations to developing innovative technologies that optimize the ability of fleets to reduce CO2 emissions.
Set and achieve fleet-wide CO2 emission targets
Transform your fleet with electric vehicles
Leaders in sustainable fleet
Wiseway: Never idle when it comes to safety, savings and service
Wiseway reduced idling by 44% and noticed a vast improvement in safety when they integrated a number of sustainable solutions from Geotab.
Ferrovial Servicios: Waste management fleet optimizes and integrates
With the help of telematics, Ferrovial Servicios was able to improve their operations and reduce their number of routes, saving them money.
Resources for your sustainability journey
Whether you are just beginning to assess your fleet’s environmental impact or you are looking for ways to accelerate your decarbonization efforts, Geotab is here to help.
Commonly asked questions
What are sustainable fleet management practices?
Sustainable fleet management refers to activities centered around reducing the environmental and social impact of fleet vehicles, including strategies such as:
• GPS tracking
• Monitoring and training drivers to encourage fuel-efficient and safe driving behaviors
• Reduction of idling and greenhouse gas emissions
• Adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) including plug-in hybrid (PHEVs) or battery electric vehicles (BEVs)
• Rightsizing of vehicles to the correct duty cycles
• Use of alternative fuels
• Car sharing
• Considering alternative modes of transportation altogether
• Creation of preventative, rather than reactive maintenance programs
How can Geotab help with sustainable fleet management?
Geotab offers a full range of sustainability solutions, including:
• EV fleet management to ensure fleets get the best performance and greatest value out of their electric vehicles
• Electric Vehicle Suitability Assessment to support and justify the transition to electric
• Environmental performance dashboards and reports to enable fleets to reduce their emissions of greenhouse gases (GHG) and other pollutants
• Vehicle tracking to enable fleet and dispatch managers to optimize routing and reduce transport mileage
• Data insights to enable local authorities and other government agencies to improve traffic safety, reduce congestion and improve local air quality
What are the benefits of green fleet management?
Green fleet management has a tremendous amount of benefits for fleets, including:
• Reducing the organization’s carbon footprint through supporting fuel efficient driving behaviors, better route management and/or use of alternative-fuel vehicles with fewer to no emissions
• Lowering long-term costs, such as spending less on fuel, oil, maintenance and even insurance, by reducing the occurrence of at-fault collisions
• Complying with any applicable emissions regulations
• Improving driver morale and staff retention rates
Take the next step toward a more sustainable fleet
Get insights you need to reduce your fleet’s CO2 emissions and costs, while improving operational efficiency.