Fleet fuel management
Lower your costs and optimize fleet productivity with our accurate fleet fuel management software system.
Deliver real-time driver feedback
Avoid fuel-wasting driving habits such as speeding and harsh acceleration with live, in-vehicle verbal feedback and buzzer alerts.
View detailed fuel economy and idling reports
Access dashboard reports to monitor fleet fuel consumption and idling. Track total miles driven using vehicle odometer readings. Know your CO2 emissions with the Green Fleet Dashboard. Gain insights from fleet benchmarking metrics. All of this and more is easily accessed with our fleet fuel management software system.
Fleet fuel management blog resources
Managing fuel costs is critical. Check out these resources to help you measure, manage and reduce fuel usage for improved fleet optimization.
Take on more and spend less
How does a fleet fuel management system help?
The Geotab platform grants you insight into fuel usage and fill-up trends, along with critical engine data for proactive fleet maintenance. Integrate your fuel cards to monitor transactions by fuel type and state right from our platform. Set rules and notifications to proactively manage speeding and idling.
Track key fuel metrics such as:
- Fuel consumption (fuel used and fuel used when idling)
- Fuel economy (the actual MPG)
- Fuel level
- True idling
- Engine malfunctions such as faulty oxygen sensor
7 strategies to reduce fleet fuel costs
Commonly asked questions
How do you manage fuel for a fleet?
Fleet fuel management consists of:
• Monitoring driver behaviors that can result in negative effects on fuel efficiency, such as speeding, acceleration and braking, and excessive idling
• Gaining greater control of where and when fuel is purchased
• Optimizing preventative maintenance schedules
• Using vehicle diagnostics data for proactive maintenance purposes
• Rightsizing vehicles to duty cycles
• Preventing fuel fraud by monitoring excessive fuel usage patterns
Fleet fuel management software gives you greater control over the way your drivers use and purchase fuel. It helps you identify events that are causing unnecessary fuel usage such as excessive idling or fuel theft, ultimately enabling you to reduce the cost of running your fleet
How can I reduce my fleet fuel costs?
• Proactively mitigating the misuse of resources and cutting unnecessary fuel costs through measuring, tracking and reporting on inefficient driving habits or the breaking of company policies
• Implementing a preventative and proactive maintenance program that keeps vehicles running optimally in order to reduce excessive fuel consumption
• Controlling where and when fuel is purchased and drivers fill up, whether that’s at your depot or with fuel cards
What does a fuel management system do?
• Fuel consumption (fuel used and fuel used when idling)
• Fuel economy (the actual MPG)
• Fuel level
• True idling
• Engine faults, such as faulty oxygen sensor that reduce fuel efficiency
What are the advantages of Geotab's fleet fuel management software?
Fuel commonly accounts for between a quarter and a third of a fleet’s operating costs. Put simply, it is a vital element to gain control over.
Fuel management solutions, coupled with Geotab data, allow fleets to improve fuel efficiency in order to maximize cost savings. With a fuel management system in place, you can decrease wasted fuel, put a hold on stolen fuel cards, approve or decline fuel transactions and prevent abuse of resources.
What is the purpose of a fuel monitoring system?
You may also use one central site to simply compute fuel economy and other related metrics, right-size your fleet and enhance fuel efficiency by maximising usage, locate shorter routes and advise drivers on the best areas to stop for fuel.
What is a fuel card?
How can a fuel card be integrated into a fuel management system?
To learn more about how Geotab can integrate your fleet’s fuel cards into your fleet fuel management solution, Request a Demo today.
What is fuel management software?
Fleet fuel management software provides real-time feedback to the driver, immediately displaying related reports. The result is a direct increase in performance. The fleet fuel management software is designed to reduce fleet costs by actively managing fuel consumption and optimizing overall efficiency.
How does fleet management help improve fuel economy?
In which industries are the Geotab solutions used?
Some of these industries include:
Food and beverage
Police and first responders
Heavy truck and transport
Waste and recycling
Oil, gas and mining
Courier and delivery
For a complete list of the industries we work with today, please visit our Industries page.