Fleet fuel management
Lower your costs with accurate fleet fuel tracking.
Deliver real-time driver feedback
Curb fuel-wasting aggressive driving habits such as speeding and harsh acceleration with live, in-vehicle verbal feedback or buzzer alerts with Geotab’s fleet fuel management system.
View detailed fuel economy and idling reports
Stay on top of fleet trends with dashboard reports for fleet management fuel consumption and idling. Track total miles driven from the vehicle odometer. Know your CO2 emissions with the Green Fleet Dashboard.
Take on more and spend less
Achieve peak fuel efficiency with proactive fleet maintenance reminders and driver vehicle inspection checklists for tire pressure and more.
How does a fuel management system help?
By connecting to the Geotab platform, you have visibility into trends on fuel usage and fill-ups, plus access to critical engine data for proactive vehicle maintenance. Integrate your fuel cards to monitor transactions by fuel type and state right from MyGeotab. Set rules and notifications to proactively manage speeding and idling. Track these key fuel metrics:
- Fuel consumption (fuel used and fuel used when idling)
- Fuel economy (the actual MPG)
- Fuel level
- True idling
- Engine faults, such as faulty oxygen sensor
7 strategies to reduce fleet fuel costs
You can’t control fuel prices, but there are many factors you can manage. Discover essential strategies for tackling fuel economy and idling in this quick guide to fleet fuel cost management. Learn how to address fuel-wasting habits like speeding and idling and why benchmarking is important.Get the ebook
Make the most of every tank with solutions from Geotab Marketplace
Fuel management solutions coupled with Geotab data allow fleets to assess optimal vehicle use and cost savings.See solutions
Commonly asked questions
How do you manage fuel for a fleet?
Fleet fuel management consists of:
• Monitoring driver behaviours that can have a negative effect on fuel efficiency, such as harsh speeding, acceleration and braking, and excessive idling.
• Gaining greater control of where and when fuel is purchased
• Optimizing preventative maintenance schedules
• Utilizing vehicle diagnostics data to practice proactive maintenance
• Rightsizing vehicles to their correct duty cycles
• Preventing fuel fraud by monitoring for excessive fuel usage patterns
Fleets that utilize fuel management systems benefit from increased operational efficiency and environmental performance, and reduced fuel costs.
How can I reduce my fleet fuel costs?
• Proactively mitigating the misuse of resources and cutting unnecessary fuel costs through measuring, tracking and reporting on inefficient driving habits or the breaking of company policies
• Implementing a preventative and proactive maintenance program that keeps vehicles running optimally in order to reduce excessive fuel consumption
• Controlling where and when fuel is purchased and drivers fill up, whether that’s at your depot or with fuel cards
What does a fuel management system do?
• Fuel consumption (fuel used and fuel used when idling)
• Fuel economy (the actual MPG)
• Fuel level
• True idling
• Engine faults, such as faulty oxygen sensor that reduce fuel efficiency
What are the advantages of Geotab's fleet fuel management software?
Fuel management solutions, coupled with Geotab data, allow fleets to improve fuel efficiency in order to maximize cost savings. With a fuel management system in place, you can decrease wasted fuel, put a hold on stolen fuel cards, approve or decline fuel transactions and prevent abuse of resources.
With MyGeotab you can easily monitor trends in fuel economy and other related metrics in one central location, right-size your fleet and improve fuel efficiency by maximizing usage, finding shorter routes and advising drivers on the best places to stop for fuel.
Ready to reduce fleet fuel costs?
Geotab has what you need to manage fuel efficiency, productivity, safety and much more. Explore our fleet fuel management options today.