Analytics for smarter cities
Empower smarter cities with data
New York City has seen traffic fatalities and serious collisions plummet since implementing its Vision Zero initiative seven years ago, thanks in large part to its investment in telematics. With full transparency on vehicle operations, the City is able to put driver safety first while keeping traffic flowing safely and efficiently.Read the full story
Telematics as a Vision Zero tool
Telematics is a valuable tool that can help municipalities manage their entire transportation network while also providing them with data to help them achieve their Vision Zero goals. As learned by the examples set by NYC, telematics offers quantitative data to support safety initiatives in fleet management and support a more comprehensive approach to safety overall.
Introducing Geotab ITS
Frequently asked questions
What is a smart city?
What smart city solutions does Geotab offer?
This includes solutions that enable:
• the reduction of fatal traffic accidents or traffic-related injuries;
• highly localized air-quality mapping;
• dynamic traffic light synchronization;
• collision detection with real-time notifications;
• the simplification of logistics for commercial goods;
• the proactive assignment of first responders;
• reports on fuel consumption and idling trends;
• the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
What solutions does Geotab offer for public transport systems?
What are the benefits of working with Geotab?
What main features do Geotab's smart city solutions offer?
1. Traffic optimization: Get essential city-wide traffic information that can be used to analyze traffic flow efficiency and justify future investments in connected transportation. Leverage data to manage congestion levels, reduce travel times and improve safety by anticipating and responding intelligently to changing traffic conditions.
2. Safety information to enhance road safety: Leverage connected vehicle data sets to assess dangerous traffic conditions and proactively communicate appropriate warnings to citizens when needed, including high-risk driving areas, hazardous driving conditions and traffic control measures.
3.Environmental benefits: By mapping emissions, idling areas and air quality in a highly localized way, sustainable development teams can identify the regions that have a higher proportion of air pollutants and implement proactive solutions that mitigate or eliminate the associated risks to citizens.