Fleet safety and fleet driver safety solutions
Commercial fleet insurance
Driver safety reporting
Driver safety blog resources
Safety is everyone’s responsibility. Learn about the tools that monitor driver behavior along with dashboard reports, custom alerts and collision avoidance systems can help keep your drivers — and everyone else — safe.
Commonly asked questions
How can Geotab improve fleet safety?
• Gain insights into key fleet safety metrics such as speeding, harsh braking, backing up, seat belt use and more with fleet driver safety reporting.
• Monitor fleet safety in real-time, including speeding, harsh braking and harsh cornering. Set up alerts and receive notifications when rule violations are detected.
• Get real-time safety violation notifications, alerting you immediately to any possible collisions, so you can take the right actions immediately.
• Identify the drivers that need additional safety training with simple trend reports
• Provide immediate feedback to drivers right in the vehicle with a buzzer alert or GO TALK spoken instructions for in-vehicle driver coaching.
• Identify your fleet’s safest drivers and recognise their contribution with the driver scorecard report
• Encourage friendly competition by motivating your drivers to practice safe driving behaviour with gamification programmes
• Reduce incidents of dangerous driving and exonerate drivers in the case of false insurance claims, with high-definition video from dash cams.
• Help your drivers recognize and avoid the risk of collision before it happens with advanced collision avoidance systems
• Alert drivers to hazardous conditions with video recording devices and monitors
How does fleet safety save money?
Insurance - A safer fleet will generally have fewer at-fault collisions, which will help to lower insurance premiums. If dash cams are employed, then you may be able to avoid false insurance claims against your company with high quality footage of the event. Many insurance companies even offer lower rates to companies that utilize dash cams.
Personnel - With fewer collisions, your fleet will benefit from less employee downtime, lower medical costs, and less need to pay expensive overtime to cover absent drivers.
Maintenance - By reducing safety violation incidents including speeding and harsh braking, your vehicles will suffer from less wear and tear. This can result in lower maintenance costs and reduced vehicle downtime.
Vehicles - A lower accident rate and reduced vehicle wear and tear will help to increase vehicle utilization rates. This can reduce the need for standby vehicles, providing opportunities to reduce the number of vehicles in your fleet. Vehicle depreciation rates can be reduced, with vehicles in better repair when you come to sell them on.
What solutions do Geotab offer to monitor fleet safety?
The MyGeotab open fleet telematics platform helps you to better manage your drivers’ safety performance with the following features:
• Driver safety reporting dashboards to help you identify fleet driver safety trends and get a quick overview of your fleet’s riskiest drivers to see who needs additional training. Gain insights into key fleet safety metrics such as speeding, harsh braking, backing up, seat belt use and more.
• Driver scorecard report to help you identify your fleet’s top performers and recognise their contribution.
• Safety alerts to notify you immediately of possible collisions, so you can take the right actions immediately.
• Real-time fleet safety monitoring for custom driving violations, including speeding, harsh braking and harsh cornering.
Fleet dash cams record high-definition video, which seamlessly integrates into the MyGeotab open fleet telematics platform:
• High-definition video gives you a clear view of events, in the case of collisions or insurance disputes
• Promote safe driving by replaying video clips of dangerous situations in driver coaching and training sessions.
• 360 degree view of trips and driver behaviour helps you to minimise risk by capturing mobile phone use, smoking, driving too close or driver fatigue.
• In-vehicle driver coaching provides immediate feedback to drivers right in the vehicle with a buzzer alert or GO TALK spoken instructions.
• Video recording devices and monitors can alert drivers of hazardous conditions.
Through the Geotab Marketplace, you benefit from access to a wealth of fleet safety systems that all seamlessly integrate with the other Geotab solutions, including:
• Gamification programmes to encourage friendly competition by motivating your drivers to practice safe driving behaviour.
• Advanced collision avoidance systems (ADAS) - Help your drivers recognise and avoid the risk of collision before it happens.
• AI-powered fleet safety management software to predict and prevent high-risk events.
Which businesses is fleet safety beneficial for?
What are fleet safety policies?
Common vehicle safety policies include:
• Hours of Operation compliance
• Use of corporate vehicles outside of business hours
• Prevention of unsafe driving practices like speeding, harsh braking and turning
• Adherence to parking regulations
• Avoidance of driving distractions like eating or texting while driving
• Allowing for safe space around other vehicles