Use data-driven insights to optimize fleet performance.
Enjoy fleet optimization at every level. Save time and costs with Geotab Keyless — a solution offering secured vehicle access for pooled and shared fleets, even when vehicles are parked out of cellular coverage.
Fleet fuel management
Monitor and control your fleet performance and fuel consumption. Set rules and alerts to improve routing and manage speeding and idling time. Use reports and driver training tools to develop fuel-efficient driving behaviors.
Fleet optimization blog resources
Learn how to track, measure and optimize. Get more mileage from your fuel, build a preventive maintenance program and benchmark against other fleets.
Stay ahead of the curve with automated reminders and integrated solutions for fleet performance and maintenance. Easily identify and prioritize maintenance tasks early on to help prevent vehicle wear and reduce downtime.
Turn your data into a business advantage and deliver measurable results to your business with our fleet benchmarking tools. Gain fleet-specific recommendations, find new efficiencies and uncover gaps by comparing your fleet to similar fleets.
Commonly asked questions
What is fleet optimization?
Fleet optimization is the process of maximizing your fleet productivity to reduce costs and improve the efficiency of your operations. There are many areas — like fuel consumption, fleet maintenance, benchmarking, and vehicle rightsizing — where fleet managers can achieve optimal fleet efficiency, and fleet optimization software will help you to identify the best priority order for tackling these.
Key considerations for fleet optimization include:
• Fleet fuel consumption - are my vehicles achieving the best fuel consumption that they are capable of?
• Fleet maintenance - am I adequately prioritizing maintenance tasks to minimize vehicle downtime and maintenance costs?
• Fleet benchmarking - how does my operation’s fleet efficiency compare to that of other similar fleets?
• Vehicle rightsizing - do I have the right vehicles in my fleet, and are they all completing the duty cycles that they are best suited to?
How can I track fleet optimization?
Track and measure fleet optimization with fleet optimization software from Geotab. This software provides you with metrics and insights into the following areas of your fleet operations:
• Fuel management: Monitor and control your fleet’s fuel consumption. Set rules and alerts to improve routing, manage speeding and idling time. Use reports and driver training tools to develop fuel-efficient driving behaviors.
• Fleet maintenance: Keep all your vehicles’ maintenance schedules in one place and receive custom alerts and notifications when scheduled maintenance is required. Easily identify and prioritize maintenance tasks early on to help prevent vehicle wear and reduce downtime.
• Fleet benchmarking: Gain fleet-specific recommendations, find new efficiencies, and uncover gaps by comparing your fleet to similar fleets.
What are the main features of Geotab's fleet optimization software?
Geotab’s fleet optimization software consists of:
• At-a-glance fuel reports for consumption and idling
• Access to critical engine data for proactive fleet maintenance
• Engine fault code notifications for predictive engine management
• Driver behavior reporting, including excessive cornering, braking and idling
• Driver scorecards to minimize vehicle wear and tear
• Fleet intelligence data, allowing comparisons to fleets with similar size, composition, driving pattern and geography
Through our marketplace, you also have access to:
• Driver coaching tools to deliver real-time driver feedback and promote more fuel-efficient driving behaviors
• Fuel card integration
• Emissions and idling trend reports
• Remote diagnostics
• Collision reconstruction
What should I look for in vehicle fleet optimization software?
Look for tools that allow you to maintain control over your fleet and your expenses — that’s what determines the profitability of your entire business.
What customer service is included in Geotab services?
Customer service is extremely important to us, so we offer various ways to support you and answer your questions. You can post or search for your question on the Geotab forum, watch tutorials on the main website, or contact your provider through the MyGeotab help section.