Towing fleet management
Boost profitability and customer satisfaction
Track fuel consumption
The Geotab advantage
- Complete visibility of workforce, assets, and costs
- GO9 RUGGED ruggedized telematics device
- Track fuel usage and idling trends
- Monitor engine hours and PTO usage
- Fleet safety reports provide valuable insight into your fleet's on-road activities
- Comprehensive vehicle maintenance and engine diagnostics data
- Open platform for easy data integration
- Route optimization and traffic modelling
3 ways to save money with fleet management
Towing fleet solutions from Geotab Marketplace
Routing and dispatching
Commonly asked questions
What is trailer fleet management?
Geotab GO and MyGeotab also track the location, utilization, integrity, and maintenance requirements of remote trailer enclosures.
What are the advantages of using a tracker for a trailer fleet?
Tracking utilization on trailers enables fleet managers to:
• Plan trailer capacity for seasonal peaks
• Determine the ideal balance between owned and rented trailers
• Justify the purchase of new trailers when it is truly needed
How does the Geotab tracker work on trailers?
Which types of towing vehicles does the Geotab tracking device work on?
• Tracking the location of tow trucks so that vehicles can be dispatched to the nearest available driver
• Monitoring vehicle integrity and detecting maintenance requirements
• Driver schedule and behavior, including hard braking, turning and speeding
• Route optimization and fuel consumption monitoring
• Enabling geofencing to ensure that drivers are in the territories assigned to them
Geotab’s GO devices can be used to dispatch, route, and monitor most modern heavy transport vehicles, light-duty trucks and passenger vehicles like cars and SUVs. A comprehensive list of supported vehicles is provided on our “Is my vehicle supported?” page on our Community portal.
How does trailer fleet management work?
The Solar Powered Trailer Tracker can be used to track trailers, containers, generators and other assets. With its rugged construction, long battery life, and highly efficient solar cell, this tracker is designed to endure the real world abuse most large trailers experience. The collected data can be used to stay on top of maintenance and avoid unexpected malfunctions; pinpointing exactly how trailers are being used to maximize their productivity, and providing customers with updates on the status of their goods.