Geotab® Named One of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People for the Second Time
Published on January 24, 2024
Empowering the next generation of leaders with internship, learning and networking opportunities
Toronto, Ontario (January 23, 2024) - Geotab Inc. (“Geotab”), a global leader in connected transportation solutions, is proud to announce that it has been named one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2024). This is the second time Geotab has won this prestigious award, which recognizes employers that offer the best workplaces and programs in the country for young people starting their careers.
“Empowering the next generation is a priority at Geotab. By investing in our employees, we are building future leaders, innovators and strategic thinkers, who will help deliver better outcomes for business, people and the planet,” said Alex Cocq, Vice President, People Operations.
Canada’s Top Employers for Young People, organized by Mediacorp Canada Inc., is an annual competition that evaluates employers based on their programs to attract and retain young workers, benefits offered, career management programs, as well as the average age of employees. Canadian employers of any size, private and public may apply.
Developing future leaders
Geotab is a great place for young, innovative and creative people to start a career and help advance road safety, sustainability and empower businesses. Geotab offers a wide range of programs and benefits to support young employees and those of all ages:
- Inclusive benefits: Geotab fosters a positive work culture and wellness initiatives to help Geotabbers take care of themselves and their families first. The Geotab office includes space for health and wellness, like a fitness center and games room, as well as private space for prayer or meditation.
- Youth-focused student programs: Young people can jump start their career and gain valuable STEM knowledge through the Geotab Junior Summer Program and the Co-op and Internship Program for university and college students. Geotab hires over 200 interns annually, where they have access to learning and networking tools, social events, student advisory groups, student challenges and more.
- Flexible workplace: Opportunity to work remotely and from an office and unique workation program which combines vacation travel with the ability to work temporarily from a different location.
- Career development: To support the professional growth and continuous learning of employees, Geotab offers training and development, mentorship, comprehensive onboarding and opportunities to work with leading-edge tools and software.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives: Geotab’s employee resource groups (ERGs) work to create a supportive community for employees with shared identities and interests.
"The most exciting part of my role is the opportunity to make a tangible impact. Geotab's hands-on approach to product creation is unparalleled, and witnessing the success of products that I've contributed to is truly gratifying," said Fazian A., Product Management at Geotab.
The Canada’s Top Employers for Young People win follows on other recent employer awards received. Geotab was named one of Canada’s Greenest Employers (2023), Canada’s Best Managed Companies and included in the list of Great Place to Work® Best Workplaces in Canada 2022. Geotab also received a University of Waterloo award in 2023 for its commitment to student innovation and development.
Learn more about life at Geotab and see open job opportunities, visit careers.geotab.com.
Manager, Strategic Communications & Public Affairs
Geotab is a global leader in connected transportation solutions. We provide telematics — vehicle and asset tracking — solutions to over 50,000 customers in 160 countries. For more than 20 years, we have invested in ground-breaking data research and innovation to enable partners and customers, including Fortune 500 and public sector organizations, to transform their fleets and operations. With over 4 million subscriptions and processing more than 75 billion data points a day, we help customers make better decisions, increase productivity, have safer fleets, and achieve their sustainability goals. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offers hundreds of third-party solution options. Backed by a team of industry leading data scientists and AI experts, Geotab is unlocking the power of data to understand real-time and predictive analytics — solving for today’s challenges and tomorrow’s world. To learn more, visit www.geotab.com, follow @GEOTAB on X and LinkedIn or visit the Geotab Blog.
February 15, 2024
Geotab Wins US General Services Administration Contract for Data Driven and Sustainable Fleet Management
February 1, 2024
February 16, 2024
February 15, 2024