Read about the latest updates and enhancements to our Geotab software and firmware. Verify changes in your system by checking your build number (Administration > About), e.g. 5.7.1602.xxx release/2016-05.
In this Edition:
- MyGeotab Database Updates
- Documentation Updates
- HOS/DVIR Enhancements
- Reporting Enhancements
- User Interface (UI) Enhancements
MyGeotab Database Updates
- Fill-Ups — Geotab has improved the analysis of suspicious fill-ups for increased accuracy of notifications.
- Diagnostics — Updated diagnostics to conform to Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) standards. For more information, please see the full list of changes. Additional diagnostic codes for third party devices have also been added.
- Units of Measure - New units of measure have been added to diagnostics (km/L, kg/km, L/lane km, L/ton and g/m^2).
Geotab has added new information to the Geotab Product Guide:
Dynamic Map Elements
See Maps > Dynamic Map Elements for an explanation of the color assignment of vehicle icons on the live map.
More documentation updates:
- Product Guide headings have been reorganized and simplified for easier use.
- Engine Measurements — Information was added regarding the use of the Engine Measurements function (See Vehicle and Engine > Engine Data > Engine Measurements). MyGeotab shows detailed information and analysis on engine measurements such as engine speed, acceleration forward or braking, acceleration side to side, cranking voltage, and more.
Oil Field Transportation 24 Hour Reset Exemption
An oil field transportation 24 hour rule reset exemption has been added to user options. This exemption is allowed only for USA Property 60/70-hour rules, 16-hour exemptions, and short-haul.
- Geotab Drive version 3.1.26 has been released for Android devices and can be found on the Google Play Store. New in 3.1.26: Critical DVIR Defect warns driver & GPS background fixes.
- Added ELD-compliant display option for presenting HOS logs to law personnel.
- DVIR — When a Critical Defect is selected, a message will be displayed on the lock screen and the main HOS page indicating that the vehicle should not be driven.
Visit Geotab Drive on the Geotab Marketplace.
- First Name & Last Name — UserFirstName and UserLastName have been added to to the data tab for the basic reports in MyGeotab, such as the Congregation Report, Customer Visits Details Report, HOS Driver Logs Report, Risk Management Report, and Watchdog Report. First Name and Last Name field have been added to the Advanced Risk Management Report.
- Garmin HOS Support for Adverse Weather — Garmin Hours of Service devices now support exemptions for adverse weather conditions.
- User Report — The Users report now includes the drivers HOS Ruleset.
Full name in email templates
To quicker and easier identification, driver first and last name are now available as tokens in email notification templates.
Notifications are useful for fleet safety and driver improvement purposes. Templates are available in web, email, and text format. For more information, see the Product Guide, Vehicle & Engine > Exceptions > Exception Rule Notifications.
To maintain consistency and usability, Geotab has made language updates to the English, Japanese, and German versions of MyGeotab.
User Interface (UI) Enhancements
Note: Internet Explorer 9 is no longer supported. For a list of currently supported browsers, see Introduction > Supported Software > Browsers.
A number of enhancements have been made in the MyGeotab UI, including:
- Removed historical vehicles option from the Reminders Report.
- Fixed data access bug for the Restrict driver's view to own data option.
- Added the ability to search for users by first and last name in addition to username.
- When a user attempts to remove a group still containing assets, a notification will pop up telling them what is still attached to that group. Allowing the user to easily identify and change the group for that asset.
- The software will convert the lower and upper case letter “O” to “0” (zero) when entering the device serial number.
- Fill-Ups — Adjustments were made to prevent fill-ups warnings for particular cases.
- Trailer — Added Comments field to the Trailer page.
- Disable Automatic Vehicle Management has been renamed to Automatic Vehicle Management with enable/disable option for clarification.
- Fill-ups — Removed the graph button from the top of fill-ups page. Was redundant as each fill-up already has a graph button.
For More Information
For more fleet tips and best practices, subscribe to our newsletter.
Need answers? Check out these resources:
Leave us a comment! Let us know how we can make these communications better.