Watch our YouTube install video for quick and easy instructions on installing the Geotab vehicle tracking device safely and securely with a 16-Pin T-Harness. The specific harness required for your vehicle depends on which port connection in your vehicle. Follow the instructions in this video to ensure your fleet management device has been properly installed.
If you are unsure about the connector your vehicle has or what harness you need, please contact your Authorized Geotab Reseller for further assistance.
Note: For important safety information and limitations of use, please read the complete instructions, which can be found on the Geotab Installation Documentation page.
Become a Certified Geotab Installer! Contact email@example.com.
How to Install Geotab’s 16-Pin T-Harness Fleet Management Device (Video Transcription)
16-Pin T-Harness installation.
- Locate the diagnostic port, usually found under the dashboard on the driver’s side. Identify the type of port connection, either screws or a snap. Remove the screws or unsnap the port. Connect one end of the 16-pin harness to the diagnostic port.
- Connect the GO device to the other end. You will hear six beeps and all three lights on the device will flash briefly.
- Secure the device in place with a zip tie.
- [With the vehicle parked outdoors to locate satellites and vent exhaust fumes], turn on the ignition. The device will beep as each one of the LEDs lights up. Red indicates ignition detection. Green indicates cell connection. And blue indicates GPS latch. Wait for all three LEDs to come on.
- Zip tie the harness and the GO device up under the dash to a permanent location. To ensure quality of data, the device must not move in any way under the dash. Select the correct plate that fits the port and screw or snap into place. The installation is complete.
To ensure the device is communicating, go to install.geotab.com and enter the device serial number.
The Geotab GO7 Plug & Play Vehicle Tracking Device and fleet management platform deliver high quality vehicle data capture with powerful expansion capabilities, such as in-vehicle driver coaching, and accident detection and notification.
Learn more about Geotab’s fleet management solutions at www.geotab.com.