Geotab’s 16-pin t-harness fleet management device
Watch our YouTube install video for quick and easy instructions on installing the Geotab vehicle tracking device safely and securely with a 16-Pin T-Harness.
Watch our YouTube install video for quick and easy instructions on installing the Geotab vehicle tracking device safely and securely with a 16-Pin T-Harness. The specific harness required for your vehicle depends on which port connection in your vehicle. Follow the instructions in this video to ensure your fleet management device has been properly installed.
If you are unsure about the connector your vehicle has or what harness you need, please contact your Authorized Geotab Reseller for further assistance.
Note: For important safety information and limitations of use, please read the complete instructions, which can be found on the Geotab Installation Documentation page.
Become a Certified Geotab Installer! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Install Geotab’s 16-Pin T-Harness Fleet Management Device (Video Transcription)
16-Pin T-Harness installation.
- Locate the diagnostic port, usually found under the dashboard on the driver’s side. Identify the type of port connection, either screws or a snap. Remove the screws or unsnap the port. Connect one end of the 16-pin harness to the diagnostic port.
- Connect the GO device to the other end. You will hear six beeps and all three lights on the device will flash briefly.
- Secure the device in place with a zip tie.
- [With the vehicle parked outdoors to locate satellites and vent exhaust fumes], turn on the ignition. The device will beep as each one of the LEDs lights up. Red indicates ignition detection. Green indicates cell connection. And blue indicates GPS latch. Wait for all three LEDs to come on.
- Zip tie the harness and the GO device up under the dash to a permanent location. To ensure quality of data, the device must not move in any way under the dash. Select the correct plate that fits the port and screw or snap into place. The installation is complete.
To ensure the device is communicating, go to install.geotab.com and enter the device serial number.
The Geotab GO7 Vehicle Tracking Device and fleet management platform deliver high quality vehicle data capture with powerful expansion capabilities, such as in-vehicle driver coaching, and accident detection and notification.
Related Posts:How to Install a Geotab GO Vehicle Tracking Device
How to Install Geotab’s Universal 9-Pin Heavy-Duty T-Harness
If you liked this post, let us know!
Carrie Carter is a Strategic Account Manager for Geotab.
Geotab's blog posts are intended to provide information and encourage discussion on topics of interest to the telematics community at large. Geotab is not providing technical, professional or legal advice through these blog posts. While every effort has been made to ensure the information in this blog post is timely and accurate, errors and omissions may occur, and the information presented here may become out-of-date with the passage of time.
Subscribe to Geotab Blog
Sign up for monthly news and tips from our award-winning fleet management blog. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Other posts you might like
Everything you need to know about bypass programs
In this article we dispel common myths about bypass programs.
January 21, 2021
What does a software developer do at Geotab?
We recently caught up with Alice, a Geotabber who works on the Geotab Drive team as a Software Developer.
January 19, 2021
Top challenges for government motorpools and how to solve them with Geotab Keyless
Government motorpools can be integrated with fleet technology to improve efficiency.
January 18, 2021