Top 10 Geotab blog posts from 2016
Published on December 30, 2016 in Fleet Management by Melanie Serr | 1 minute read
Table of contents
- <a href="https://www.geotab.com/blog/custom-fleet-management-reports/">1. Eight New Custom Fleet Management Reports — Download Now</a>
- <a href="https://www.geotab.com/blog/what-is-an-eld/">2. Quick Guide to the FMCSA’s ELD Mandate</a>
- <a href="https://www.geotab.com/blog/ultimate-guide-geotab-telematics-harnesses/">3. The Ultimate Guide to Geotab Harnesses</a>
- <a href="https://www.geotab.com/blog/securing-mygeotab-with-tls/">4. TLS 1.2 Upgrade Notice: Update Browser and .NET to Continue Support</a>
- <a href="https://www.geotab.com/blog/preview-geotab-drive-4/">5. Preview of Geotab Drive 4.0: DVIR Workflow & ELD Updates</a>
- <a href="https://www.geotab.com/blog/install-vehicle-tracking-device/">6. How to Install a Geotab GO Vehicle Tracking Device</a>
- <a href="https://www.geotab.com/blog/beginners-guide-to-apis/">7. The Beginner’s Guide to APIs</a>
- <a href="https://www.geotab.com/blog/2g-sunset-update/">8. 2G Sunset Update: Deadline Approaches for U.S. Telematics Device Users</a>
- <a href="https://www.geotab.com/blog/preventative-maintenance-planning-for-fleets/">9. Quick Guide to Preventative Maintenance Planning for Fleets</a>
- <a href="https://www.geotab.com/blog/remote-diagnostics/">10. Remote Diagnostics for Commercial Trucks</a>
- <a href="https://www.geotab.com/blog/data-best-practices/">Are You Getting the Most out of Your Data?</a>
Read our list of the top 10 most popular Geotab blog posts from 2016. From the ELD mandate and 2G sunset, to the open platform and APIs, we covered it all.
Looking back, 2016 was a year of change and growth. The business landscape is being transformed by advancing technology, new regulations, and business practices. Companies that can capture and make the most of their data will have the competitive edge going forward. We explored this theme and many more on our blog this year. To recap, here are the top 10 Geotab blog posts from 2016.
1. Eight New Custom Fleet Management Reports — Download Now
Our Solutions team works hard to continuously develop new and enhanced reports to help fleets manage and improve their efficiency, productivity, and safety. Geotab Solutions Engineer Jason introduces eight new MyGeotab custom reports for fleet management, including the Fuel Cost Analysis Scorecard, Average Fuel Economy report, CO2 Emissions report, and Dynamic Vehicle Maintenance Reminder.
2. Quick Guide to the FMCSA’s ELD Mandate
Our Hours of Service expert Vik answers the basic questions about the ELD mandate, including "What is the ELD rule?" and "How is my fleet affected?"
3. The Ultimate Guide to Geotab Harnesses
Learn about the types of Geotab harnesses and their uses (includes a Telematics Harness Cheat Sheet).
4. TLS 1.2 Upgrade Notice: Update Browser and .NET to Continue Support
Important information for Geotab Partners, Customers, and MyGeotab users about the TLS 1.2 Upgrade.
5. Preview of Geotab Drive 4.0: DVIR Workflow & ELD Updates
Especially popular on LinkedIn, this post by our Senior Software Developer Mike announces the updates to the Geotab Drive app for Hours of Service, DVIR, and driver ID.
6. How to Install a Geotab GO Vehicle Tracking Device
Watch a quick YouTube video to see the proper way to install the Geotab GO Vehicle Tracking Device.
7. The Beginner’s Guide to APIs
Learn about Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), Web APIs, and discover how you can use them to achieve greater business efficiency.
8. 2G Sunset Update: Deadline Approaches for U.S. Telematics Device Users
Do you have a plan for the 2G sunset? Get prepared by reading this blog post by Stephanie, Vice President, Channel Sales, North America. Includes 21 reasons why you should upgrade to 3G.
9. Quick Guide to Preventative Maintenance Planning for Fleets
Vehicle maintenance is always a popular topic. Courtney from ZenduIT shares tips on setting up a successful preventative maintenance plan.
10. Remote Diagnostics for Commercial Trucks
Trucking companies have followed the same procedure for vehicle maintenance for over a century. Now there's a new way of doing things — remote diagnostics. Scott describes the top challenges of working with new engines, and explains how remote diagnostics simplifies the process of understanding faults and prioritizing repairs.
And here's one more...
Are You Getting the Most out of Your Data?
Our top reads list would be incomplete without including this very popular post from Geotab CEO Neil Cawse on the open platform and best practices for working with data.
If you liked this post, let us know!
Melanie Serr is a Senior Manager, Brand Communications for Geotab with an eye on fleet safety and all things tech.
Geotab's blog posts are intended to provide information and encourage discussion on topics of interest to the telematics community at large. Geotab is not providing technical, professional or legal advice through these blog posts. While every effort has been made to ensure the information in this blog post is timely and accurate, errors and omissions may occur, and the information presented here may become out-of-date with the passage of time.
Get industry tips and insights
Sign up for monthly news and tips from our award-winning fleet management blog. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Republish this article for free
Other posts you might like
How to make a sustainable fleet strategy work during economic uncertainty
March 28, 2023
Unlock the power of your data with Geotab Data Connector
March 1, 2023
The top 5 ways fleets use data and telematics to succeed
February 17, 2023